Thursday, January 15

Green Smoothies in The Magic Bullet

Okay, so a while back my sister made a post about green smoothies. It looked gross. I however was curious and decided to go for it. I already drink a smoothie every morning for breakfast, why not give it a try. I however, have to keep things more simple than she does. Here's what I did.

1 cup water (you could do milk - but this saves on calories)
1 scoop of my spiru-tein vanilla protein powder
1 banana
1 cup of kale

If you read her recipe you'll see what I mean about keeping it simple! This smoothie has 250 calories and about 20 grams of protien. I'm not sure on the fiber because I'm not that savvy yet about kale. Using water shaves off anywhere from 50 - 200 calories depending on what kind you use. The banana makes it creamy so I don't miss the milk. I made it once without the banana and it wasn't as good.

The verdict: Delicious! Keeps me very full!

She was right the kale really didn't change the flavor at all - and I felt great knowing how good it was for me.

Now, this is my magic bullet. I make my smoothies (along with lots of other things) in here. It is the single most fantastic thing to have in your kitchen! When your done clean up is SO easy and you just drink it right out of the cup you mixed it in. You can buy them lots of places, but mine I got for Christmas and I think it came from Walmart.
I have made chicken salad, sauces, baby food, milk shakes and the fastest ever whipped cream in the magic bullet. I strongly suggest you check it out! While your at it make a kale smoothie, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

2 comments:

Alyssa Frost said...

I taught a kids cooking class yesterday and we made strawberry banana smoothies. They all loved it but you should have seen their faces when I told them that I put spinach in my smoothies! Classic! (Spinach is good in smoothies too- I've got a new green smoothie recipe to post that is seriously decadent!)

Glad you liked the kale and that it kept you full- smoothies are the best!

Anonymous said...

I love those flatouts! Your wrap looks great! Yummy green smoothie!!!