Monday, January 19

The Big Decision

So, I wanted to wait until I told my parents and Leiah about this before I posted, but Leiah is in Tucson (I called and said, "Hi! It's me!" to her babysitter on accident) so I didn't want to bother her. I just told my parents and I'll call Leiah tomorrow to discuss it.

The Decision
I'm getting certified as a group fitness instructor, personal trainer, and (eventually) yoga instructor!

This is a crazy decision for me- I struggle with science (though I love biology) and I was a Lit/Folklore major, but I've been thinking, researching and praying about it a lot for the past month and I really feel that this is a good choice for me and my future.

My first step will be to get certified to be a group fitness instructor and my course (through ACE) is already in the mail! I can't wait to get started!

My inspirations are:

The Fitnessista (there's a link to her blog in my blog list)

Jillian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser- love that show!)

And my Aunt Doreen

I'll do a post in the future about my Aunt Doreen and what she has done lately to inspire me and our family- she is a leading lady for sure!

So, wish me good luck and I'll keep you updated on how the studying and training are going!

Love and best wishes,
Lis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!!! I've considered getting the group fitness instructor certification. I can't wait to hear about it!

Leiah said...

sorry I was gone all day to see my father in law

Leading Lady Lis said...

That's okay, Leiah- I'll call you today, okay? Sorry about the weigh-in, but at least you enjoyed the food you ate!

Tell us about it!

love, Lis

Unknown said...

WHOO HOO! that's awesome! you're going to love teaching-- it's one of the most physically (!) and mentally rewarding things i've done. i hope you know how much i appreciate the shout out <3 thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and let me know if you need anything!!!!