Thursday, January 8

Celebrity


A couple months ago I was asked to attend a night at our church for the young women ages 12 - 18. The night was about celebrities, however, not the ones in Hollywood. Each of the girls had been asked to pick someone they admired and wanted to be like. They then wrote a letter why they chose them as their "celebrity". Then each "celebrity" was invited to attend that night, hence the reason I was there.

I felt honored to have been chosen by a beautiful sweet girl. However, humbled by the thought that we truly are always being watched. I was also even more impressed by the girls who had not chosen women who were necessarily fashionable, slim, or gorgeous by the standards of the world. Some had chosen women who were crippled but still kept their happy attitudes and worked hard to be independent. Others chose women who had simply lived a very hard life and worked hard all their days.

It made me think of the wonderful women in my own life. Women who are strong, work hard, serve others, are kind, have a happy attitude, and are giving. Most of all the evening presented me with a desire to be a better person. I've been watching people more now and learning from them the skills and attributes that I think would make me an even better person!
Who are your celebrities?
Until next time,
Leiah


3 comments:

Leading Lady Lis said...

Women in my life who are celebrities seem to revolve around my family: I'm convinced that my mother-in-law moonlights as superwoman, and I don't know any women so compassionate and patient as Mom and Grandma Thornton. Good post, Leiah- what an honor!

Anonymous said...

Hi, love your blog! My #1 celebrity is my mom. Everything I am today is because of her. She is patient, kind, confident, organized, dependable, a great listener, and a hard worker. She is my best friend and I strive to be just like her. Have a wonderful day!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Hey thanks so much for visiting my blog. Yay for green smoothies :o)