Monday, February 16

Happy President's Day

I hope you all have enjoyed your President's Day/Valentine's Day weekend- I have! My brother-in-law drove from California to visit and we had a lot of fun hanging with family, especially on Sunday. Here are some pictures from our visit at my husband's little sister's house:
we ate dinner and then played a ROUSING game of Scrabble- rousing as in we were all freaking out and calling each other names (all in good fun of course- we're all best friends) and making crazy facial expressions, as you can see in the pictures below...
Noel's mad because Dale said she has no talent (even though she won!).
I'm mad because it's the last round and the best word I can spell is "tip"- I had a minor tantrum over that one....
And then we had a much more civil and happy game of Scum- my FAVORITE card game...
NOW we're smiling and having fun!
Dale's brother Quinn brought a date to hang out with us old married folk (she's in the green) and we all liked her a lot.

I highly recommend spending time with people who make you feel happy and good about yourself. Sometimes, especially during the winter for some reason, I tend to kind of isolate myself. It always makes me feel unhappy so I'm making an effort to reach out to my friends and family- yo spend time with them, playing games or watching movies or just gathering around the dinner table for a homemade meal. People need other people! It makes us feel good (most of the time) to be social and friendly.

Later this week I have another friend-date- so I'm definitely looking forward to that!

This week, I challenge you to try and reconnect with people who make you feel good and happy- I promise that it will brighten up your day!

Love,
Lis

1 comment:

Leiah said...

I agree last week me and two other friends dumped our kids on a poor soul and went out to lunch - it was just an hour but it was "our" hour! We had a good time and a break from our routine!